Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are baked in a pan, wow!! It’s a super-easy way of making cookie bars. You’ll love how soft and buttery these are!
These soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie bars are easy to make treats loaded with melty chocolate chips inside a buttery soft cookie bar! No chilling or scooping is required.
Baking chocolate chip cookies as a cookie bar sort of transforms them into something even better. The important thing is we don’t have to chill the cookie dough and we don’t need to roll the dough into individual cookies. These buttery chocolate chip cookie bars are baked in a large pan and cut into a square.
This recipe calls for a good amount of sugar which gives it that gooey texture that melts in your mouth. The 9×13 pan of cookie bars will need to be bake a few minutes longer so watch carefully. Let the bars cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting them into a square.
I find these cookie bars are extra chewy on day 2 or 3 if you have the patience to wait.
Enjoy your party with these soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie bars!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 2 ⅔ cups - all purpose flour
- 1 tbls - cornstarch
- 1½ tsp - baking powder
- 1 tsp - baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup - butter at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cup - light brown sugar
- 2 - eggs
- 2 tsp - vanilla extract
- 2½ cup - chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and baking powder into a large bowl and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed until very light, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then add the vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low, gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Turn the dough out into the prepared baking pan and press into an even layer.
- Bake until the edges cookies are light brown and set, but the center still look pale, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, then cut into squares and serve. Leftover cookie bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.