These golden mini beef buns resemble ordinary dinner rolls. But one bite reveals the tasty beef filling inside
It’s so soft and fluffy, perfectly spiced, loaded with beef filling and better with each bite.
These beef stuffed buns make snacking delightful!
THE BEEF FILLING
These mini buns are filled with mashed potatoes, shredded beef, chopped onions and some spices. Here I have used beef filling. But once you get the hang of making stuffed beef buns have fun and get creative with your own filling ideas. You can substitute the beef with chicken, prawn or fish. You need a dry filling here to get perfect results. The filling is absolutely versatile.
For the buns, I have made with regular bread roll recipe. These stuffed buns have a light and airy texture and perfect homemade snacks for kids. They work great for breakfast, tea time snack and wonderful to take along on hike or road trips. Give a try and you have bakery – worthy stuffed buns that will surprise your family and friends as to how you made them.
Mini Beef Buns
- For dough
- 300 g - All purpose Flour
- 5 g - Instant dried yeast
- 10 g - Sugar
- 6 g - Salt
- 30 g - butter soft
- 220-230 g - One egg plus whole milk
- For filling
- 1 cup - beef cooked and shredded
- 2 - onions chopped
- 2 - boiled potatoes mashed
- 1 tbls - greens chillies chopped
- 1 tbls - Coriander leaves chopped
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp - dry chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp - cumin powder
- Curry leaves optional
- 2 tbls - oil
- Lime juice
- Filling -
- Heat a pan with 2 tbls spoon of oil. Saute the onions and green chilli for 2 minutes. Add all the spice powders and saute well till the raw smell goes away.
- Add salt to your taste.
- Now add the mashed potato and the beef. Mix it well.
- At last add Coriander leaves and lime juice.
- Dough -
- Put the flour, the sugar and yeast in a bowl, whisk to combine, add salt whisk again.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into the bowl.
- Use large spoon to mix everything together, and knead briefly to bring all the ingredients together.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and knead, you will see the dough will be elastic after about 2 minutes.
- Add the butter and knead by using the heel of your hands to compress and push the dough away from you, then fold it back over itself. Give the dough a little turn and repeat.
- Put the weight of your body into the motion and get into a rhythm. Keep folding over and compressing the dough. Knead for 10-15 minutes or until the dough is soft, pliable, smooth and slightly shiny, almost satiny.
- Put the dough into a light buttered bowl. Let the dough rise in a warm place until double in size.
- Once the dough has risen, gently deflate it in a lightly floured board. Divide it into 3-4 portions.
- Flatten or roll a portion into a roughly 7×4 inch rectangle shape . Spread about 2 tablespoon of filling near the left edge of the rectangle.
- Roll the left edge of the dough over just to cover the filling.
- Using a knife, leave a 1/2 inch space from edge and cut the remaining portion of the dough into 1/2 inch strips.
- Roll the dough completely to form a log.
- Cut into 5 pieces.
- Repeat the assembly with the rest of the dough portions. Arrange the formed buns on a large baking tray.
- Let the buns rise once more, covered loosely with a towel.
- Once risen, brush the buns with beaten egg. Sprinkle some sesame seeds. Bake at 350 F for 18-25 minutes, or until the buns are lightly golden.
- Cover with a cloth and keep until serving.
AffiliateLabzFebruary 24, 2020 4:44 pm
Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! 🙂
sohaFebruary 29, 2020 5:27 pm
Thank you 🙂
Leave a Reply