“Prawn Biryani Recipe” – Spicy shrimp masala layered with crisp fried onions and fragrant basmati rice, slow-cooked to perfection, divine!
This is my version of prawn biriyani, which my family loves. Serve this delicious biryani with any favourite raita of your choice and end up with a delicious dessert. Try and share your feedback.
Prawn Biryani Recipe
- 2 cup Basmathi rice
- 500 g Cleaned Prawns
- 2 Cardamoms
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Star anise
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Golden fried Onions
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Ginger and garlic paste
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1 cup Chopped Mint and Coriander
- 1/2 cup Water
- 8 Fried cashews
- 2 tsp Rose water mix mixed yellow colouring
- Bring 4 cups of water with salt, whole garam spices and ghee.
- 2.Add rice to the boiling water and cook until its half done. Drain off completely and set aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and ghee. Add cinnamon and cardamom. When they begin to splutter add ginger and garlic paste.
- Fry until the raw smell goes off.
- Add green chillies, Kashmiri chilli powder and Turmeric powder.
- Now add Tomato puree and Coriander powder. Saute them well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add curd and mix it well.
- It's time to add the fried onions and chilli powder if needed.
- Add the cleaned prawns, salt and fresh mint and Coriander leaves.
- Pour half a cup of water.
- Close with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some garam masala.
- Cook until the gravy is thickened and prawns are cooked.
- Simmer the flame and will start to layer the biriyani.
- Layer half of the rice.
- Sprinkle some fried onions, Coriander leaves, rose water mix and ghee.
- Layer the prawn masala and layer the remaining rice.
- Sprinkle some fried onions, cashews, Coriander leaves, rose water mix and ghee.
- Cover with a tight lid. Heat a tawa until hot enough and place the pot on the tawa and dum for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy with raita and sweet.