Butter garlic rice is a flavourful main dish that goes well with all the side dishes. It’s so delicious, but it is so simple to make, with just a few ingredients, This simple rice dish work with so many different main courses. And leftovers are great for lunches as it reheats well. A bowl of buttery garlic rice with a spicy prawn fry, it’s a great combination I think. This Garlic Butter Rice is one of those sides that can transform any everyday recipe into something extra tasty. I really hope you try it one of these days – I think you’ll be as addicted as I am!
BUTTER GARLIC RICE
- 2 cups basmati rice cooked
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs chopped garlic
- 8-10 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbs Soya sauce
- 3 tbs spring onions
- Heat a pan with butter and fry the garlic slices until light golden colour. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- Add remaining butter in the pan and add the chopped garlic. Cook for 1 ½ minute or until the garlic starts to turn light golden and the butter is well infused with garlic flavour.
- Now add sliced onion, salt, pepper Soya sauce and cooked basmati rice.
- Mix it well. The rice should coat with the garlic butter.
- Sprinkle some fresh spring onions and fried garlic.