A moist and delightful funfetti cake filled with colourful . Sometimes also called confetti cake! The crumb is so unbelievably moist, the batter is loaded with sprinkles.
This cake is moist, delicious and triggers all my childhood nostalgia!
There is nothing complicated about the ingredients for this recipe. This cake is made with a combination of melted butter, milk, yoghurt and some other ingredients.
Mix the dry and wet ingredients together making sure not to over mix the batter. Use a bit of elbow grease and stir out the lumps. The batter will be thick. Now its time to add the star ingredient of this recipe. Add the sprinkles. You should not over mix the batter.
It’s a perfect cake for a colourful party!!
- 1 and 2/3 cup 210g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp - baking powder
- 1/4 tsp - baking soda
- 1/2 cup 115 g unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup 150g granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 50g packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup 60g yoghurt
- 3/4 cup 180ml milk
- 1 Tbls - pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup 90g sprinkles
- For topping -
- 6 tsp - condensed milk
- 2 tbls - butter
- 3/4 cup - icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray a 9-inch springform or baking pan (round or square) generously with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl pour the melted butter. Whisk in the sugars vigorously getting out any brown sugar lumps – mixture will be gritty. Whisk in egg, yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients until no lumps remain. Batter will be thick. Slowly stir in sprinkles, but do not overmix because the sprinkles will bleed their color.
- Pour/spoon batter into prepared cake pan. This cake takes around 33-37 minutes to bake. What I suggest is to bake it for 20 minutes, then cover loosely with aluminum foil. Continue baking for 13-15 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Melt the butter and condensed milk together. Transfer this to a mixing bowl,
- Add icing sugar little by little. Mix it well until you get the thick mixture. Pour over the cake. Garnish with sprinkle.
- Do not over mix the batter after adding the sprinkles
- Try using this recipe to make cupcakes.