Hi everyone! Are you all waiting for the best chocolate cake recipe. This is the only German Chocolate Cake recipe you’ll ever need!
Do you frost a German Chocolate Cake?
German chocolate cake is a frosted cake. The cake can be frosted with a variety of icings, but for a German chocolate cake, it’s needed the classic coconut pecan frosting.
I just want to eat this cake without frosting. It’s unbelievably a super moist and dark chocolate cake. German chocolate cake is traditionally made with sweet baking chocolate.
How to make a german chocolate cake?
The cake is made beginning with the creaming of the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Next step, add vanilla essence and the melted chocolate. Mix it well. Add the buttermilk, coffee mixture and the flour mixture in three additions. Beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Buttermilk helps to make this cake wonderfully tender.
Seriously, the combination of this recipe is divine! If you’ve never tried German chocolate cake before, what are you waiting for? Now is the time! It’s a celebration time for all the chocolate lovers!!
German Chocolate Cake
- 115 g - semi sweet chocolate chopped
- 2 1/4 cups - cake flour
- 3/4 cup - unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp - baking soda
- 1/2 tsp - salt
- 1 cup - lukewarm coffee or water
- 1 cup - buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups - unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups - granulated white sugar
- 5 - large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp - pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place oven racks in the upper and lower third of the oven. Lightly butter and flour line the cake tray or baking pans with parchment or wax paper.
- In a heatproof bowl, placed over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the coffee (or water) and buttermilk.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and continue beating until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and beat to combine. Then add the melted chocolate and beat until incorporated.
- Add the coffee/buttermilk mixture and flour mixtures in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat only until the ingredients are mixed together.
- Pour the batter in to the prepared baking tray. Bake for about 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Let it to cool completely before cutting the cake.