Crispy Batter Fried Prawns are succulent from the inside, nice and crisp from the outside. Do you love prawns and searching for an easy and quick delicious prawn starter? Then this crispy batter-fried prawns or batter fry prawns will be the right choice for you.
CRISPY BATTER FRIED PRAWNS
- 250 g prawns
- 1/4 teaspoon - salt
- 3 tablespoon - flour
- Pinch of baking powder
- 5 tablespoon - cornflour
- 1/4 cup - water
- 2 teaspoon - oil
- 1/2 - egg beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon - chilli powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Shell and devein prawns, leaving the tail on.
- Clean the prawns.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mix flour, baking powder, corn flour, egg, chilli powder, pinch of salt, oil and water. Mix it well without lumps.
- Heat a wok, add oil and reheat.
- Holding the prawn by the tails, dip in batter, then drop into hot oil.
- Fry until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot.
Otherwise won't get that exact texture.
While frying the prawns be very careful as it may splutter.