Enjoy your morning tea or coffee with a slice of banana bread. Buttery banana bread is fluffy, soft, moist and smells amazing while baking! Every bite is pure heaven — everyone you serve it to will have a hard time stopping at just one slice.
Quick to make and delicious, it bakes perfect every single time.
The perfect way to use up brown, overripe bananas… the easier to mash the deeper and sweeter the flavour.
You can serve as a dessert. Banana bread with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream, wafers and caramel sauce. Delicious dessert on a special day.
To make sure banana bread stays moist, you first want to make sure to use very ripe bananas as I mentioned above. They provide the perfect amount of moisture you need for super moist banana bread.
You can replace the chocolate chips for any nut or simple banana bread. The choice is yours. Can’t stop with one slice. ?
How to make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread?
It’s very simple to make banana bread. Start by mushing your well ripe bananas into a bowl with using a fork until you have a gooey consistency. Mix with plain yoghurt and set aside.
Sift all your dry ingredients and set them aside. Combine the butter and sugar. Mix until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Add vanilla essence and banana essence. Now it’s time to add the main ingredient. Add the banana and mix it and add the flour mixture. Add chocolate chip finally. Once you have mixed everything in, butter your loaf pan and dump the batter into the pan. Level it in the pan then add chocolate chips on top.
Bake in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for a little less than an hour. Use a skewer to check if the cake is well baked. Let the cake cool down before you start slicing.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 2 eggs large
- 3 ripe bananas mashed about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp banana essence
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 9 x 5inch loaf pan.
- Mash your very ripe bananas in a small bowl and mix with the 2 tablespoons of yoghurt. Set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients into a medium-sized bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Let each egg incorporate before adding the next. Add vanilla and banana essence.
- Mix in mashed bananas and yoghurt. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and beat until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle some chocolate chip on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.