It’s time to celebrate the Badusha Recipe. Badhusha/Balushahi is a super flaky popular Indian sweet loved by everyone. Mild sweetness, super soft and flaky badhusha’s perfect for a celebration.
It is called BALUSHAHI in the northern part of India. Balushahi is also called Indian doughnuts. but the taste and texture of balushahi are way different from doughnuts. While a doughnut has a light and fluffy texture, balushahi is not fluffy. It has a soft and slightly flaky texture. A doughnut has a soft texture from the outside, whereas a badusha has a crisp texture from the outside.
How to make Badhusha Recipe / Balushahi Recipe?
It’s very simple to make this sweet within an hour. Mix all the dry ingredients first. Add ghee and mix well, it will look like bread crumbs. Add curd and water and knead them until it comes together. Start shaping the badushas. Fry them in medium hot oil, until it turns a golden colour. Drain it in tissue then add it to the prepared sugar syrup immediately. Dip well on both sides, and keep immersed for 10 minutes. You can store up to 4-6 days in an air-tight container.
Try this at home, I’m sure that you will enjoy the sweet!!!
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/4 cup curd
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Oil for deep frying
To make sugar syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cardamon
- chopped almonds for garnishing
- a pinch of saffron
- In a mixing bowl add flour, baking soda, sugar and salt. Mix all the dry ingredients well.
- Add ghee and crumble the mixture. Now add the curd and combine them. Do not knead the dough.
- Additionally, pour the water and knead them gently. Adjust the water accordingly.
- cover with a wet cloth and rest for 15 minutes.
- Get a small-sized dough and make a ball.
- make a dent at the centre with the help of thumb.
- deep fry in medium hot oil on low flame till the balls turn golden brown and crisp.
- drop them into warm sugar syrup immediately.
- coat the badhusha with sugar syrup both the sides and soak for 10 minutes.
- serve badusha with few chopped almonds on top.