Orange Cake with Chocolate Ganache – Fluffy and moist orange cake topped with a rich chocolate ganache. Every bite of this supremely moist orange cake is bursting with fresh orange flavour and the easy chocolate glaze on top will have you hooked after just one bite.
A bright orange flavour with a perfect balance between sweet and zesty. This Orange cake has a tender moist crumb and is topped with a chocolate ganache. A combination of orange zest and chocolate makes these cakes extra flavourful and delicious. It’s ideal for sharing with a large gathering of family and friends.
ORANGE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 250 g - suger
- 250 g - butter
- 250 g - flour
- 4 - eggs
- 2 teaspoon - baking powder
- 1 tablespoon - orange zest
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla essence
- Juice of one orange
- 1/2 teaspoon orange essence optional
- 3/4 cup - cooking chocolate
- 4 tablespoon - whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees°C and place rack in the center of the oven. Butter and flour, or spray with a non-stick vegetable/flour spray, a 9-inch cake pan.
- In the bowl of your electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment (or with a hand mixer),
- Beat the butter until smooth. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat, on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy (about 3-5 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture. Fold them well.
- Add the orange juice and zest. Mix it well.
- Place the batter in the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon or an offset spatula. Bake about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Place the cake on a wire rack to cool, in the pan, for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the whipping cream, pour over the chocolate and mix it well until the chocolate gets melted. Add some orange zest to it. To get the orange flavour.
- Drizzle some sugar syrup over the cake. Pour the chocolate ganache and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy the party with the orange cake!!