Aloo Tamatar Sabzi Recipe is a classic combination and the most popular curry in India. It is the easiest and most delicious recipe with a combo of tomatoes and potatoes. Potato is the one vegetable that everyone likes. Especially it is a mouth-watering delicacy for potato lovers.
There are many variations of making this curry. The recipe I am sharing today which is cooked in Kadai / pan. This also tamatar ki sabzi is very simple and easy to make. Let’s see how to make this recipe.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #sohainthekitchen on Instagram.
Aloo tamatar sabzi
- 2 medium-size potatoes
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons oil /butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Kasuri methi
- Coriander leaves
- Clean the potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Now we are going to marinate the potatoes with the spices. Add chilli powder, Turmeric powder, garam masala and salt. Mix it well.
- Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat a Kadai with butter and add ginger garlic paste. Saute till it turns into a golden colour.
- Add Kashmiri chilli powder and add the marinated potatoes.
- Saute it well for 5 minutes. Add the tomato puree and cook for 15 minutes on medium flame. Pour some water and let it cook. Add salt to taste.
- When it's cooked completely, add some lavish sprinkle of methi leaves. Add fresh cream and switch off the flame.
- Add some fresh coriander leaves on top. Add a blob of butter on top before serving.
- Serve with hot chappathi, any type of Indian bread or poori.