Saffron butter cake is one of my recipes. When it comes to sweets, my first choice is Saffron flavoured sweets. So long I was waiting to try this butter cake with saffron flavour. Finally, I made it. The flavours were amazing, it was so yummy. Tasty, buttery, softy and moist. I’m sure this cake will become my family’s favourite tea time treat.
Saffron Butter Cake
- 1½ cups + 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp sugar
- 250 g butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp saffron essence
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- 1 tbsp hot milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the centre of the oven. Butter or spray with a non-stick vegetable spray.
- Combine the hot milk and saffron. Set aside until you prepare the cake batter.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk to combine (or sift), the flour and baking powder.
- In a bowl add butter and sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the vanilla extract and saffron essence.
- Add the flour mixture in two additions. After adding the first batch, add the saffron milk mixture and end up with the flour. Fold it well until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tray. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.