Aromatic yakhni pulao is super fragrant and with tender meat pieces. The recipe of this beef yakhni pulao is super easy to make.
This pulao is a perfect meal when having guests over/to celebrate an occasion. Beef Yakhni Pulao recipe is a Pakistani rice pilaf that made with beef, stock, and rice with garam masala.
WHAT IS BEEF YAKHNI PULAO?
‘Yakhni’ mean bone broth while ‘Pulao’ is an aromatic rice dish. The aroma in pulao attributed to whole spices kept in a spice bag.
Coming down to the ingredients of yakhni pulao recipe, below is the list we need.
Beef Yakhni Pulao
- 1 kg beef
Spices for a muslin bag
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 inch cinnamon
- 4 green cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 7 clove
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 inch ginger
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 2 cup basmati rice soak for 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon shahi jeera
- 1½ tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 10 whole black pepper
- 2 cardamon
- 5 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 4 green chilli
- 1 cup curd
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 cups yakhni beef stock
- Salt to taste
- Fried onions
- Make a clean piece of muslin cloth (6×6′) and put all spices of muslin bag in it. Tie it tightly with cotton thread.
FOR YAKHNI (BROTH)
- Put meat, muslin bag, water and salt in a stainless steel pot. Bring it to boil then cover the lid tightly and cook for 45 minutes on medium heat.
- When Yakhni is ready, Strain Yakhni in a colander. Squeeze the muslin bag tightly and discard. Keep Yakhni aside.
- In a thick-bottomed pot, add ghee, spices and fry onion slices on slow heat for 10 minutes.
- Mix meat and saute for 10 minutes
- Add yoghurt and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add garam masala mix it well.
- Finally, add Yakhni, soaked rice, green chillies and mint leaves.
- Cook on high flame until the water has mostly reduced (about 1/2 cup of water is left). Cover the pot tightly and steam cook for about 8-10 minutes on low heat.
- Garnish with fried onions.