Aloo tamatar sabzi is a classic combination and the most popular curry of India. It is an easiest and delicious recipe with the combo of tomatoes and potatoes. Potato is the one vegetable that everyone likes it. Especially it is a mouth-watering delicacy for potato lovers.
There are many variations of making this curry. The recipe I am sharing today which is cooked in Kadai / pan. This also tamatar ki sabzi is very simple and easy to make. Let’s see how to make this recipe.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #sohainthekitchen on Instagram.
Aloo tamatar sabzi
- 2 medium-size potatoes
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons oil /butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Kasuri methi
- Coriander leaves
- Clean the potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Now we are going to marinate the potatoes with the spices. Add chilli powder, Turmeric powder, garam masala and salt. Mix it well.
- Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat a Kadai with butter and add ginger garlic paste. Saute till it turns into a golden colour.
- Add Kashmiri chilli powder and add the marinated potatoes.
- Saute it well for 5 minutes. Add the tomato puree and cook for 15 minutes on medium flame. Pour some water and let it cook. Add salt to taste.
- When it's cooked completely, add some lavish sprinkle of methi leaves. Add fresh cream and switch off the flame.
- Add some fresh coriander leaves on top. Add a blob of butter on top before serving.
- Serve with hot chappathi, any type of Indian bread or poori.